SUNDAY IS BLACKBOOK D-DAY #6: COLOR WHEELIN'

I got to be honest. After so many days, weeks, months of trying to step out of my comfort zone, the graffiti culture, I didn't really manage to do something else on a sunday haha. My good ol' blackbook is always staring at me when boredom strikes.. So today, a new and fresh episode!

I've met a girl on instagram. A lovely girl from Florida that loves music making and all other artforms. I'm talking to her for days already, and it is really fun because of the culture differences, foods and treats, explaining weird traditions, and so on. Really nice to get to know a girl that gots your back, even when you don't know her in person. Sweet.

I did the basic outlines with a pencil and was halfway the blue S, then I realised I used colors that are so opposite it would be hard to really get a nice piece done. Argh. (I've made a nice progress gif file to see whats up.) I messaged Chey for feedback and she asked if I knew about the color circle 'Van Itten'. I remembered I learned about that in college, but I never used it for my work before. Normally I would pick a couple of nice colours together, and start a piece; but greens, pinks, and yellows are always in my work. It started to get annoying that my whole blackbook was, in big lines, the same.

That is how the 'Color Wheelin' piece was created; With the color wheel offcourse. Started with the 3d shading, later highlighted with green and red stripes. The blue S & C, and the orange E & K were filled. Outlines are done.. A piece can develop quick, also with colors that I've never combined before. See for yourself below!

SeckDesign


ANIMATED GIF, CLICK FOR BIGGER PICTURE

End result - BEHIND THA COLOR WHEEL